Sunday, January 14, 2018

A Goodnight Poem

(Just thinking of my future love with this one)
You may have never known this,
Though I have tried to prove it from the start
I have always admired and adored
How you were able to capture my heart

How you were able to fight through the pain
And overcome the obstacles,
How you were able to dance in the rain
In the midst of hatred you were yet unstoppable

How you smiled when you were broken
And I still saw the light in your eyes
How you were able to encourage others in their storms
Yet you were hurting deep inside

I sat back and marveled, how you could be so strong...
Yet it seems like only I knew, that you've been struggling for far too long

So I would like to offer you a gift
I sincerely hope you won't refuse
I wish to offer you this
Something I know you'd never abuse

It's small yet full of love,
Constantly and steadily working;
Often it gets excited, yet it's always yearning

To be yours, once and for all,
To be yours through and through
I wish to offer my heart full of love
And for a chance to take care of you!

To be your strength when you're weak
Your comforting arms when you're tired
The gentle voice that whispers "baby it's okay
When life gets you wired...

Allow me to be your masseuse
When stress has you tensed,
And when all the world seems to be against you
I'll stand and be your defense


All of this I wish for you, asking for only one thing in return
That you would look at everything that has shaped you, and see that it was only to help you learn

How to be a great woman, a cut above the rest
Fit for a king, fit for the best :)

I love you with all my heart, and I hope you love me so
I just wanted to say that, before off to sleep I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment