Sunday, May 31, 2020

Will I Be Next?

There's so much hurt in the world today!
So many in pain,
seeking to run away.

There is war within in our streets
and unrest within our homes
Because my people are brutally beat,
Yes this is captured on our phones.

We were forced from our homeland,
Brought here to be slaves!
We built a nation for them
We lived in turmoil,
until they laid us to rest in our graves!

We were set free,
only if we chose to fight in their war
Only to face new struggles
Because by them we are still abhored!

In their eyes we are still the problem,
In their eyes, we will never be enough!
Even though we pay our dues,
Restoration of our rights is a road that is still too tough!

"Comply... Stop Resisting!"
These are they cries they scream at us.
My white brother can't you see
I did exactly what you asked, I did it without a fuss!

My hands are held high
Because I mean you no harm!
I just want to go home to my family
To be safe and secure from all alarm.

But you won't let that happen
because to you I am still a threat!
So my life is soon taken
Because the respect for all of God's creation
Hasn't entered into your heart yet!

The system is on your side
This is a sad truth I was forced to accept!
For while my people serve time for cannibus possession
You will soon walk with only being "fired" as your form of correction!

Yes this is the world that I live in.
But I pray for my people!
That one day the the system will change
And we will, in the land of the living, have rest for our weary souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment