Monday, January 17, 2022

Winter Nights

 I forgot of all the pains, and the violent shaking of my legs,

I no longer felt the sting that accompanied my nose turning red 

I could not tell you how cold the stony steps were against my shin

Nor how I managed to keep us warm from the blistering cold and slurry filled winds.


I returned home, turning my locks as removed my scarf and hat.

I dropped my keys into their pot, and in front of the warm fireplace I sat.

Winter was never my season of choice, yet tonight I sat in bliss

Remembering the touch of your cold, moist-lipped kiss.


It didn't matter that it was cold, for it was my dream to just spend the evening with you.

A gentle conversation about our future, the perfect date night for two!

We sat at the coffee shop, though neither of us sipped much.

We joked, and giggled, our hands warmed by the hot Starbucks cups.


You held on to me tightly as we walked down the street to your condo.

Please trust me when I tell you that I didn't want you to let go!

I hesitated briefly before walking you up to your door,

For, of your answer to that question I was not quite so sure.


The simple gaze you gave me before the long hug allowed me to see a hopeful future in your eyes

Your beautiful smile after the embrace, it's like you saw the true love reflected in mine.

Neither of us asked, our bodies briefly took over in that moment

Gently pressed, your lips were to mine as a lovely silk garment!


The diamond upon your finger, reflected back the colors of the rainbow.

The cheeks of your face were more vibrant than any bush of the Don Juan rose!

Your eyes fighting back the tears gave off yet another lovely hue.

As you quietly screamed out the words, "Yes! Yes! Thank You!"


I've never cared for winter or it's hellish. blistering winds

But tonight, that may have all come to an unexpected end.

For it was in the darkness of a winter's cold and frightful night 

That love afforded me peace, warmth, and its colors gave way to the most beautiful sight!


(Requested by and written for my friend, "Toof")



No comments:

Post a Comment